Course on Advanced robotics
Advanced robotics course at ORSI
ESRU.be co-organizes an Advanced robotics course every year for last year residents. The course, together with the Dutch group of urology residents, will take place during the first week of February 2020 at ORSI in Melle. Exact dates and program still to be announced.
The following requirements need to be fulfilled:
- A document signed by your University supervisor, stating that you are in your last year of residency (from a Belgian university).
- A letter of recommendation by one of your former or current (onco/robot) supervisors.
- A statement by the person who will be your supervisor after the course, which confirms that you will have access to robotic surgery in the near future (ideally you should be able to take part in at least 9 robotic procedures in the next 3 months). We will ask you to log these procedures.
- A certificate or other proof that you attended at least one practical course in robotic surgery (such as ESRU Starter’s package, ESU/ERUS Hand-on training in Robotic surgery, WRSE24, other).
- A letter of motivation that explains why you apply for this course.
- Successful completion of the online training module for the Da Vinci Xi (attach certificate). Link: https://www.davincisurgerycommunity.com/Clinical/Urology?tab1=CL
Deadline for application is 31st of August. Please send your application including all attachments by mail.
The BLUG committee will be responsible for the selection process. We will negotiate as many places for Belgian residents as possible, however this will be still limited.
You will be notified by the end of October.
Personal financial contribution of 500 euro per participant will be asked. This is including a faculty dinner and accommodation in Ghent for participants who require this.